Vengaiahnakere lake is situated in East Taluk (Bangalore), on the left side of the Bangalore-Kolar National highway-4 in survey no.9 and 46 of K.R. Puram and Sannathammanahalli, with an area of 64 acres. The lake is in the custody of KLCDA.
Details of development activities taken up–
- Construction of Eco Park in the recovered encroachment area of Vengaianakere lake, K.R. Puram Hobli. Project cost; Rs.98.00 Lakhs.
- Tenders for the work for an amount of Rs.98.00 Lakhs was invited as per the Transparency Act and the work is in progress.
- Diversion of storm water drain in Vengaiahanakere lake, K.R.Puram hobli, Bengaluru East Taluk. The Project cost; Rs.4.98 Crores.
- Tenders for civil works for an amount of Rs.4.36 Crores was invited as per the Transparency Act. Tender process is in progress.
Progress of Developmental Activities –
- Chainlink fencing work completed.
- Construction of pathway work completed.
- Construction of green way path completed.
- Construction of pergola completed.
- Renovation of existing building for watchman shed, toilet block and office work under progress.
- Rising of plantation work completed (1,000 plants planted).
- Construction of entrance plaza work under progress.